Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Gift.







Welcome to the fruit market in Lima, Peru!
A few days ago, three interns and I followed an evangelistic team from Virginia as they passed out Bibles in the fruit market.  
As we passed out the Bibles we gave them away with a smile and repeated the phrase "un regalo" which means "a gift".  

After we had finished passing out the Bibles, we walked back through the market and almost everyone was reading the Bibles! Then, four people came up to us and asked to receive Jesus Christ as their savior. After we had prayed with them to receive Christ, one of the ladies ran off and grabbed her friend who also needed Jesus. 

Praise the Lord! We now have five more Peruvian brothers and sisters. 

Later the next day, Sarah, Madison (two of the interns), and I had a Bible study to reflect on what God has been doing in our hearts since we have been here. As I was flipping through my Bible, I stumbled upon this verse: 

"Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving; praying at the same time for us as well, that God will open up to us a door for the word, so that we may speak forth the mystery of Christ, for which I have also been imprisoned; that I may make it clear in the way I ought to speak. Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity. Let you speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person." Colossians 4:2-6

I pray that as Christians we would always make the most of every opportunity to share the gospel and to speak and act with the strength of Christ. 
Let us be devoted and alert in prayer.

Jesus is worthy of every moment of our day.  
He is a gift. Es un regalo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment