Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Psalm 37:3-4









The verse for the day was Psalms 37:3-4...
"Trust in the LORD and do good; Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. 
Delight yourself in the LORD, And He will give you the desire of your heart."

Amazingly... today was my first day of helping helping with a medical mission, "and He will give you the desires of your heart"....

My plan for nursing used to be selfish, until I delighted myself in the Lord. Then guess what happened? He gave me the desire to do nursing for HIS glory. He knew that I was helping with a clinic today, and He surprised me with one of my life verses. This IS my desire: to help people spiritually and physically... just as Jesus did.

Today I worked in triage which means I was taking blood pressures, listening to lungs, getting blood glucose numbers, and writing down complaints. I did not witness any healing miracles... however I did see MANY smiling faces and I received MANY kisses.
I prayed for healing over an elderly women with extreme knee pain and while her knee pain did not disappear, I still praise the Lord because she knows Him as her personal savior. 

That is something to praise God about. 

Today we saw over 200 people: 10 came to know the Lord for the first time and 60 rededicated their lives to God, and all received medication. 

Tomorrow we are having another clinic in a different town. Let us praise God for all He has done and all He is going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment