Sunday, July 15, 2012

Open the Eyes of my Heart Lord




On my second week, I took my team to St Hermans Caves and the Blue Hole. Which looked more like a brown hole because of all the rain
It was super nice to relax and just cool off in the water. 
Two of the guys from this team were talking like Bear Grylls and pointing out the most obvious things like...


"look at this tree, it must have grown from the ground"
"look here at this puddle, this is the blue hole"
"be careful of the ants, they are extremely poisonous" 


It was really funny just joking around and pretending that they were my brothers. 


Once we were in the caves, we turned off all the flashlights and sang "Open the Eyes of My Heart Lord" in complete darkness. 


I really felt like this is song, in this setting, can relate to our lives as Christians. 
Sometimes, we feel like we are completely covered in the dark. 
We reach out, and we can't see or feel anything around us. 
That is when we have to sing, or pray, for God to open our eyes. Open the eyes of my heart Lord, because I want to see You. 


And as always, He is very faithful to provide and show us His light. 
Pslams 18:28 says, "You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; My God turns my darkness into Light". 
When we finished singing the song, we turned on our lights and looked around us. 
The surroundings were not scary, they were just unknown... until we turned our lights on. 


And even the dimmest light shines in the dark. 

No comments:

Post a Comment