Thursday, September 6, 2012

Power in the Cross






During my third week in Belize, my team was holding a Vacation Bible Study.
On one of the VBS days, they made a square with tape and then poured baby powder across the whole thing.
On one side was us, on the other side was God, and the baby powder was our sin.
Next, they told the kids to try and get to God without getting and "sin" on their shoes.

Well.
They jumped, skipped, hopping, tippee toed, and walked in others foot steps but guess what? They all had sin on their shoes.
Even the smallest amount of sin disqualified them from getting to God.
They soon realized that there was NO way they were going to get to God on their own.

The next day... my team brought in a cross to bridge the gap between us and God.
The cross was laid over our sin... and allowed the children to walk across without sin.
I found myself getting somewhat emotional as I watched every single one of the children walk across that cross.

As they were walking across, they may not have realized fully what this meant... but I know I did.

"Surely he took up our pain    and bore our suffering, yet we considered him punished by God, stricken by him, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities, the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed." - Isaiah 53:4-5

By his wounds we are healed... by his sacrifice we are able to be with our Heavenly Father. 

We will never be able to get ACROSS with out A CROSS. 

Thank You Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment