Friday, September 14, 2012

Where is home?





During my last week in Belize I was able to go to a christian youth hostel with my team.
The youth hostel shelters teens who have gotten into trouble, have parents that have gotten into trouble, or they just have a bad life at home.
They take the teens in, provide a safe environment, and try to influence change upon them.
It was such a blessing to just talk to these kids and see what they have been through, where they are today, and where they want to be in the future.

Some of them were only there for a short while.
Some were there, not because they did anything wrong, but because their parents did and they needed somewhere to go.
Some hated it there and wanted to go home...
but others didn't have a real home to go back to.

The more I talked to them and hung out with them, the more I realized that I really want to be able to provide homes to kids who are in similar situations but don't have a youth hostel to take them in.

I have an awesome home.
Not only is the house nice... but my family cares, provides, disciplines, laughs, loves, and serves Jesus.
I know these teens are so thirsty for something like that. And I feel like God has put me in a position to help them.

They need to be shown that its not about where we make our home on earth that matters... but where our home is after we pass. Our home in heaven is infinitely better than any home we will make on earth. This life is only temporary...

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal" 2 Corinthians 4:18

What does it mean for me right now?
I am not sure.
I really want to adopt in the future. But perhaps it will go beyond that.

All I know... is there are too many spiritually and emotionally hungry kids out there who need an eternal home in heaven... and they need to be shown that.

No comments:

Post a Comment